Venue Hire Details
Bentons Square Community Centre is available for hire by community groups (volunteer organisations and non
profit organisations), government agencies, commercial organisations and private individuals for meetings,
conferences and seminars. The Centre is not available for social functions except Preschool age Saturday Party
HIRE RATES: The Committee of Management will review these rates annually or sooner if required.
KITCHEN (COFFEE, TEA, MILK): The Kitchen has a Hot Water Tap (for tea & coffee), an electric jug,
Microwave, Oven and Refrigerator, we have glasses, water jugs, mugs, cups and saucers, plates and cutlery for
your use. Hirers/Groups are asked to supply your own coffee, tea, milk and refreshments. We are happy
for you to arrange for external catering. Meeting Room 3 also has a Hot Water Tap (for tea and coffee). Two
manual Whiteboards and an electric whiteboard are available to hire.
Hire fees and Cancellation Policy: Please note that in the event of cancellation these fees will apply unless
written notice is received by the Community Centre 48 hours prior to the booked date. For bookings made more
than three months in advance, and for Organisations that bulk book the year but are reliant on numbers of
attendees before confirming the booking, one months cancellations should be given in writing or a fee of 50%
of the booking cost will be charged. You will appreciate blocking out availability for 3 months ahead and over
means we will be turning away hire opportunities and would appreciate the lead time to re hire. We thank you
very much for your consideration as a ‘community centre”.
ENTRANCE KEY: (After Hours Hirers) For use outside office hours, the key is to be collected on the day of
the meeting (or the nearest prior weekday) and either returned the next working day before 3pm, (Office
Hours 9am – 3pm Monday to Friday) or left as instructed by the Staff. Opening and closing instructions will
accompany the key and after hours hirers must make time through business hours to be shown Security
procedures by Centre Staff.
No charge will be made for cleaning after hiring provided if:
• Premises are left clean and tidy and in the same condition as before hiring. All Dishes are to be washed
and put away if the Dishwasher is full – No Dishes are to left on the sink and all benches are to be
wiped down after use
(Vacuum cleaners are available in the store room)
• Chairs and tables are cleaned and returned to their original place in the store room.
• No unauthorised use is made of other areas of the Centre.
• All rubbish is taken away from the Centre. Rubbish bins will be provided in each room.
HEATING / COOLING and LIGHTS
Please ensure that heating/cooling is turned off before leaving the building.
Thank you for your Co-operation and we hope you enjoy your Room Hire. Please inform the Coordinator of any
issues or suggestions.
Bentons Square Community Centre Inc.
ABN: 74092 525 750 Licence No: AA0050721G
Postal Address: PO Box 3613 – Bentons Square, Mornington 3931
Telephone: 03 5977 2468 – Fax: 03 5975 0639 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: Monday to Friday – 9am to 4pm – Melways Reference: 145 G6
Page ! of ! pages – Bentons Hire Agreement – 2 4 V3 – KS 10 03 2010
General Conditions of Hire
1. APPLICATION – Each application for use of the rooms must be made to the Centre upon the prescribed form, signed by the
applicant, stating the purpose for, day and hours during which such room is required and contain the applicant’s undertaking to comply
with these conditions. After use the room is to be left in a clean and tidy condition.
2. HIRE FEE – The hire fee shall be in accordance with the attached schedule. Where keys are issued to hirer, they will not be issued
unless the hire fee is paid in full or alternative arrangements have been made with the Manager or Centre Administration.
3. DEPOSIT-If deemed appropriate the centre will charge a deposit at the time of hiring as a guarantee of compliance to these
conditions, and as security against damage to the room or any fittings or furniture contained therein. Regular bookings will incur a
$100.00 deposit and casual bookings will incur a $50.00 deposit. The deposit is to cover potential cancellations, damage, extra
cleaning or key loss. The hirer shall be liable on demand by the Centre to pay the full cost of such damage or cleaning. This deposit
will remain at $100 and be required to be topped up if a cancellation charge has been deducted from the deposit. All deposits will be
held in a separate account for when the booking is complete. Should the conditions of hiring not be filled by the hirer, the deposit shall
be forfeited and become the property of the Centre as liquidated damages. If there is no breach of the Conditions of Hiring or damage
or injury to the building or any fittings or furniture therein or abnormal cleaning to be done the deposit will be returned.
4. CANCELLATION OF BOOKINGS – By the Centre – The Centre reserves the right to cancel any bookings by notice in writing to the
hirer, and thereupon such bookings shall be deemed never to have been made and the Committee of Management accepts no liability
in the matter whatsoever. Should it be necessary for the Centre to cancel any bookings, all fees paid to the Centre in respect thereof
will be refunded.
(a) CANCELLATION OF BOOKINGS By the Hirer – Should any hirer wish to cancel a booking, agreed fees will apply and the
Centre will not be liable to refund any fees paid unless the Coordinator or the Committee of Management is notified in writing to
that effect at least seven (7) days prior to the booked date.
5. DRUG & LIQUOR CONSUMPTION – In line with the policies of the Centre, together with legal requirements, no drugs can be
consumed at the Centre. Smoking is not permitted inside the building or in the grounds.
No liquor of any kind shall at any time, either directly or indirectly, be sold in the Centre. The Centre also reserves the right to prohibit the
introduction of liquor into the Centre at any time. Permission must be sought from the Committee of Management to consume alcohol on
6. INTERFERENCE – It is the responsibility of the hirer to insure that no interference is caused to the Bentons Square Community
Centre staff or to the people using the Centre at any time.
7. DAMAGE AND CLEANING – The hirer shall be responsible for the costs of repairing all damage to the rooms, fixtures and fittings
(fair wear and tear accepted) incurred during the use of the rooms and to pay costs of any cleaning required over and above the
normal cleaning. Where damage exceeds $100.00 legal costs may be incurred.
(a) The floors, walls, blinds or any other part of the room or any fittings or furniture, shall not be broken,
pierced by nails or screws or in any other such manner or in any other way damaged, and no notice,
sign, advertisement, scenery or fitting of any kind shall be erected in the building or attached to or
affixed to the walls, doors or any other portion of the building fittings or furniture without the prior
consent of the Centre. Any extra insurance premium rendered necessary in such cases must be paid by
8. FREE ACCESS – The Committee of Management, its Staff and Volunteers shall, at all times, and notwithstanding any hiring, be
entitled to free access to any part and every part of the building.
9. SUBJECT OF ENTERTAINMENT – Prior to the hiring, the Centre may require the hirer to submit for approval, details of the subject
matter of the hiring.
10. REFUSAL TO HIRE – It shall be at the discretion of the Centre to refuse to hire the room in any case; and notwithstanding that the
room may have been hired or that these conditions may have been accepted and signed and hire fee and deposits paid, the Centre
shall have full power if it sees fit to cancel such hiring and direct the return of the hiring fee and deposit so paid, and the hirer herby
agrees in such case to accept the same and to be held to have consented to such cancellation and to have no claim at law or in equity
for any loss or damage in consequence thereof.
11. DISORDERLY BEHAVIOUR – No obscene or insulting language or disorderly behaviour or damage to property shall be permitted in
any part of the Bentons Square Community Centre.
12. POLICE ATTENDANCE – The hirer shall, when so directed by the Community Centre, or when deemed necessary, arrange for Police
13. SUB-LETTING – The room shall not be sub-let or any hiring transferred or assigned without the prior written consent of the Centre.
14. DECORATION ETC – No furniture, decorations, electric appliances or articles of a similar nature shall be brought into the building,
without the consent of the Centre. These shall be removed from the building immediately on termination of the hiring.
15. PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE – Bentons Square Community Centre will not be held liable for any claims arising from injury, loss
or damage to persons or property however caused when using the hall. It is therefore a requirement of the Centre that hirers have in
their possession a certificate of currency for their own Public Liability Insurance. A copy of which must be attached to the application
form before the hall can be used.
16. OBSTRUCTIONS – The hirer shall comply in every respect with regulations under the Health Acts with regard to public buildings for
the prevention of overcrowding and obstruction. Any person causing an offence against such regulations shall be removed from the
17. THEFT – Neither the Centre nor its servants shall be liable for any loss nor damage sustained by the hirer or any person, firm or
corporation entrusting to or supplying any article or thing to the hirer by reason of any such article or thing being lost, damaged or
stolen. The hirer herby indemnifies the Centre against any claim by any such person, firm or corporation in respect of such article or
18. SPRUICKING – Calling out loud or spruiking in relation to any entertainment or engagement will not be permitted inside or outside
19. ACTION IN AN EMERGENCY. (FIRE, POLICE, AMBULANCE) – The hirer should be aware that there is no telephone in the rooms
available for hire. In the event of an emergency, contact with the appropriate emergency service is the responsibility of the hirer by, for
example, mobile phone. Please observe the Fire Orders as displayed.